was your website ready when you sent out your std's?

Chris got our website and planning blog up running as a first priority. (We are both in IT so it kind of figures we think of the tech stuff first). wink.gif

We did place a "more info coming soon" in certain sections but had the pages there so people know it is coming and to check back.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours was fairly barebones - at the time of sending the Save the Dates,

We only had chosen a resort - and were in the process of securing the booking with a TA - we knew where we were going, then that resort refused children, so we picked a new one - our passport invite was later sent when we had everything set in stone.

We had the wedding website set up before we sent out the STDs. However, we ended up password protecting the site afterwards. We emailed those we have email addresses for with the password and also put a post up that we were going to be password protecting it with FI's last name as we didn't want to post the password a couple weeks before we did. When we sent out the invites we included the password.

Hi Kerry,

We actually have our STDs ready to go but are waiting to send them out until we get the website up and running, since we did put our website address on the STD. Temporarily we will probably put something like "Website in progress - check back often for updates!"...

Hope that helps! :)

We had our website up and running before we sent out the STD's. We knew what resort we wanted to go to, so I posted info on it and said that we were hoping to go there and I was always putting updates as things progressed. I am still posting updates on the site as we get closer to the day!

Wow--thank you all for your quick/informative responses! I didn't expect to receive so many in the few hours since I posted! I really appreciate it! Did most of you create your own domain, or go through a wedding website to make your own website(like theknot.com)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maegan606 View Post
Wow--thank you all for your quick/informative responses! I didn't expect to receive so many in the few hours since I posted! I really appreciate it! Did most of you create your own domain, or go through a wedding website to make your own website(like theknot.com)?
That's the great thing about BDW! People are always on and very eager/willing to help out. We've got an amazing group of girls here :)

We went through MyEvent.com ~ although I just found out that we could have had our own domain name through them (BTW they are offering this as a special right now so if you want a "unique" domain name then I'd jump on it!)