DR Wedding Order of Ceremony

For those DR brides that recently were married, can anyone give me a description of the order of ceremony they had?

I wanted to do a program that listed the order of ceremony, but I've been asking my wedding coordinator for a copy, but to no avail. I am trying to figure out where to incoroporate things like the sand ceremony. And with only 19 days left, I am running out of time rant.gif Even if I dont do the program, it would still be nice to know how things operate beforehand.

TIA

I had a the regular ceremony incorporated with the sand ceremony and it was perfect. My guests were all impressed and b adding the sand ceremony on top of the original it gave it more meaning to the whole theme of it as well as added time to the whole thing. I have a daughter and we were able to incrporate her into the ceremony and it was just perfect. Request it and you rWC should be able to give you the different versions - I wanted the original and sand blended one after the other - Just Perfect.

I just told the WC where I wanted to do things ... so I would say to make the program how you want it to flow, and send your WC a copy. That's what I did and they were really easy to work with and accomodating.

Basically, the ceremony is short and sweet ... quick vows ... so you can really do whatever you like.

Lets see let me try to remember since its all a blur. We brought our own minister so she pretty much handled the order but she went on and on and i just wanted her to stop!

I havent seen the video yet so im a little fuzzy on what happened before i arrived but here is what i can gather from the pictures

entrance of minister

entance of groom and best man (not sure how they did it since things were not done he we practiced them the night before LOL)

Entrance of mother of bride

entrance of two brides maids

entrance of MOH

entrance of bride and father of the bride

minister read a prayer

minister said ALOT of stuff

minister had us recite our vows

sand ceremony

soloist

introduction of the couple

jumped the broom

This is sad but i really cant remember. I can send you a picture of my program but I dont think we followed it

Hey, Twinkle :)

K, let's see:

First, my hub walked down the aisle and met the pastor up front. Thenmy mother walked down with the groom's father, then the bridesmaids walked down with their respective groomsmen. Then, the ring bearer, flower girl, and Dad and I.

We said a prayer and the pastor took it from there. I think we did the sand ceremony after saying our vows and had the rings blessed, etc. Then the kiss and we were pronounced man and wife. :)

Afterward, we walked down the aisle as Mr. and Mrs., everyone congratulated us and were whisked away by our photog (by the way, I know you asked and we ended up using hte resort photographer, who did really well, IMO) and took pictures for an exhausting 1.5 hour it seemed. LOL. He took like 700 pictures, no lie. While this was going on, our guests were at a cocktail/h'ors deurv party up a ways at the resort. We later joined them for this and we had some musicians there.

After that, it was reception time. The guests were seated before us and then we were announced and we walked in. The band played some music and we actually had our first dance and father-daughter dance AFTER a few songs were played for everyone else. LOL :)

It was great fun :)

Yay! You are leaving soon!

At PPC, guests mingled at the gazebo ahead of time ... along with groom, grooms parents and groomsmen.

Then, when music started (I brought CD's and had a particular order) the rest of us lined up (our room was right next to the gazebo so it was perfect for getting ready).

Mom walked down aisle.

Followed by ring bearers, BM's, and Dad & I.

Judge and WC were at front of gazebo.

Said the short and sweet blah blah blah's.

Then, my uncle came up and read our Hand Ceremony.

Then we said our vows, kissed, headed back down the aisle and the WC was there to pop open champagne for everyone.

While we too pics, everyone mingled for a while with beer and champagne by the gazebo ... then headed to the bar near the reception site.

We met them at the bar and then headed to the beach reception.

We did our Sand Ceremony just before we cut the cake, instead of during the regular wedding vows, since we did the Hand Ceremony then.

• 1 month later...