Favorite Wines

We tried a new wine last weekend that was pretty good, it was a Pinot Noir by J Vineyards out of the Russian River Valley here in California. It was quite nice and the bottles are cool - they have a big old "J" on the front so I had to keep them for later use, maybe vases? LOL I'm such a packrat!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, As many of you know - I am a self proclaimed Wine-o

My favourite is a big fat beefy red - which is the major contributor to my common ailment of having purple teeth wink.gif

I do love some whites, but stay away from those that are sweet (Reislings, Savignion Blanc, etc)

Being from Ontario we have a fantastic local selection of wine - but my favourites are from Chile!

CONCHA Y TORO MARQUES DE CASA CONCHA CABERNET SAUVIGNON

MIGUEL TORRES CONDE DE SUPERUNDA

SANTA RITA MEDALLA REAL RESERVA ESPECIAL CABERNET SAUVIGNON

At my first pre-wedding party (just a couple weekends ago) my FMIL gave me a bottle of TIGNANELLO 1995 - a lovely bottle, which I look forward to opening, however it is labelled to be opened when we begin construction on our new home... which I am in no hurry to get started on. I love our current home.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t25850

YAY for all the wine-o's

I am starting to love wine more and more...:)

I have to say I am a little obsessed with Trader Joes' 2 Buck Chuck (I should say 3 Buck Chuck, since it is now $2.99). It tastes like a nice wine and is obviously very cheap. That is what I usually buy to have with dinner during the week.

I had a great reisling once that was called "St. Christina...something" I can't remember, I wish I could because it was very good. I think it wasn't our first bottle that night, hence not remembering the name of it!

I love reds. My favorite is called "Dyed in the Wool" from South Island, New Zeland. It is a great pinot noir and less than $15. I found it completely by accident when they had sold out of my other favorite, Toasted Head Merlot.

Another great red is called "Masciarelli" from Italy. That is under $10.

Nothing beats finding an awesome inexpensive wine!!

• 5 years later...