Ohh I am sooo glad you posted this, I want to do the exact same thing! I saw the supplies at Micheals but didn't really know where to begin. I think I'll look at more molds online because I have plenty of time to wait for shipping. Do you have any advise about what soap making stuff to buy? Any brand or type better then another? Should I add a scent?

This was my first time ever attempting to make soap and once I got the hang of it it was exceptionally easy. I just bought the melt and pour kind of soap. The brand I used was called Life of the Party. I can't give you a review on any other brands but I was please with this one. I bought the one with shea butter but they also made glycerin and goats milk too. I did add scent to mine but it actually has a soft smell to it as is.

I am glad that you found a good system for getting them done. I am thinking of making a few for our guests as well, but haven't decided for sure. We are making bathbombs and were thinking of giving a pouch of epsom salts as well. If I do decide to do the soaps, I know where to come and get refreshed on the tips!! Thanks, and they look great.

• 1 year later...