Welcome dinner dress - No alterations! Woohoo!

So, FI bought me this dress early on for the welcome dinner. It's a dessy bridesmaids dress, but he dropped me off at a bridal salon early in the process and when he came back to pick me up asked me to try it on.

The shop was way out in BFE, so after months of it sitting there, I had them mail it to me because no WAY was I going way out there to have them do 3 sets of alterations.

When it arrived, I didn't try it on. I took it to my tailor this morning to have him fit it, and when I walked it he said something along the lines of "all of that lace... this is not going to be inexpensive" which, I knew, but he went on to tell me that depending on how much had to be done it could be $150-$200. censored.gif. But, when I tried it on he didn't need to alter it! Sure, he could take it in a bit here, and a bit there. But really, no need. smile29.gif

Here's the dress, by the way. Really, really pretty:

Click the image to open in full size.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woooohoooo no alts needed, thats what i like to hear!!!!!

its a gorgeous dress! if our weddings we're the same weekend, i might have asked to borrow the dress LOL

I don't have any pics of me in the dress!!! I know... I know... Bad BDWer!

But I've only had it on the one time for about 2 minutes.

I'll see if I can't come up with something this weekend.