Massage Envy gets two thumbs up!

Christi

Awhile back, I received a postcard from Massage Envy advertising a 1 hour massage for $39.00 and I was skeptical until a coworker said that she has a friend that goes to them all of the time and loves the place. I decided to give them a try yesterday and was impressed...the place was very clean and they have great customer service...I had an 1 1/2 deep tissue massage for $57.00 (1st timers only) and the woman worked me over (which I wanted). They have a monthly program for $59.00 per month which includes 1 massage and all subsequent massages in that month are $39.00 for 1 hour, $57.00 for 1 1/2etc. I think I may join. They are a chain and have locations throughtout the US, although I'm not sure how many since they are relatively new to the spa scene.

Here is a little insiders note to you all. They treat their staff VERY poorly. I am in the industry and have heard nothing but bad things about their pay and how they pressure their staff into working long hours. Giving massage is a very demanding thing for your body and having to do several ( 7+) in a row is very hard.

Now I am not saying people are forced to work there but the reason they do is because places like Massage Envy are taking business away from smaller businesses by under-selling them than turning around and paying their staff a small amount.

My advise to you would be to find someone you like who works there and ask if they have a side business (most do) and if they are able to see clients outside Massage Envy ( I am pretty sure they don't have a non-compete). They might cut you a deal on their prices.