Do I need a TA?

ashrose

I think I may have put the cart before the horse (my dad tells me I do that a lot)...

I've planned lots of events as well as did some group travel arrangements while I was in college (to conferences), so when I started thinking about doing a DW, it didn't even occur to me to look at getting a travel agent.

I contacted the Resort (Moon Palace) directly and put in an RFP for a Room Block of 25-30 rooms. I think I remember reading somewhere that the resort will provide my guests a link to reserve online.

My side of the family is pretty travel savvy and will likely figure things out on their own (they own timeshares and go to Mexico all the time) -- but I'm worried about FI's family as well as our friends.

Do I need a TA? Is it the easiest thing for my guests or should I let them handle booking airfare themselves?

What is the advantage of using a TA?

The other thing that the TA will do is assist in keeping track of your guest- who booked , when they arrive and depart. You'll have a list to do seating charts from and for OOT bags if your doing them. Plus it helps to be able to hand it to the WC at the resort!

• 2 weeks later...