Direct Flight from Vancouver, BC, Canada to the Dominican Republic

Princess402

Ok so when I first started looking at a destination wedding I was totally convinced that I wanted to go to Mexico, either Cancun or somewhere on the Mayan Riviera. I still would like to go there, but have been frustrated trying to find a resort that meets all my needs.

So I started looking outside of Mexico and have slowly been falling in love with the idea of a wedding in the Dominican Republic. In particular, I would really like to have my wedding in La Romana at Dreams La Romana (formerly the Sunscape Casa del Mar).

But still it is only ALMOST perfect because it seems like getting from Vancouver to the Dominican is going to be an absolute NIGHTMARE! doh.gif

Most of the flights that I have seen offered have at least one stopover, which wouldn't even be so bad if we were staying in Punta Cana, but the ground transfer from Punta Cana to La Romana is one and a half to two hours long! I don't want to make my guests have a crazy long day of flying and then add a 2 hour bus ride to the hotel on top! Especially the ones with kids...

And there is an airport right in La Romana which would be GREAT to fly into, but again the flights and transfers from Vancouver to get there look almost unbearable. msncry.gif

So I am wondering if anyone knows of any airlines that offer direct flights from Vancouver to Punta Cana or La Romana? And if so, does anyone know how long that flight would be? I think that Sunquest might offer direct flights to Punta Cana on Thursdays but I can't find any definitive information.

I'm hoping that maybe my guests won't despise a 2 hour ground transfer if at least the flight time is not too long...