Anyone Made Their Own Veil?

Let me know how yours turns out Davematthews16, it sounds really pretty. I want to make a 1T cathedral length with just cut edges since that is how my dress is I have a dress fitting on Aug 5th and I will make mine after that since I am afraid I will buy the wrong color tulle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davematthews16 View Post
WOO HOO! Glad I'm not the only one with this thought! Yeah, definetely a lot cheaper to make it! I am also getting married on the beach and was worried about it blowing around. They said if I got a "fingertip length it should be fine" So, if I make my own, save a few $$ and it's windy and driving me nuts I'll just take it off and it won't be a big deal! Thanks for the tips ladies!!
Not about making a veil, but I heard a tip to stop the veil from blowing all over... you can buy tiny fishing weights and sew them into the the edge on the underside. I guess they sell really teeny weights. I'm sure you could paint them white or wrap them in a lil piece of fabric. Pretty sure I saw this on one of those knot videos. Sounded like a good idea to me.

Great thanks for the tip about the weights :) I wanted to post pics of my veil last night, but want to make a few more small changes to it. I will say that I LOVE it, and am verrry happy with the results. :) Sooo, tonight after work & after my finishing touches I will definetely post the pics.......

I first went to David's Bridal and looked at veils and found a few I liked. I took pictures, and basically looked at how they were assembled. Then I looked at the detail of my dress and went and bought matching beads and matching cord. At first I wanted to make my veil just to save money, but it actually turned into a sentimental thing as well. (And I'm addicted to DIY) Like I said, it matches my dress perfectly and I Love it! Also, I recommend using a wire comb, not plastic (They are hard to find by themselves to I bought a pre-maid one in the bridal section of Michael's and ripped everything off of it and started from scratch. I will post details of the assembly tonight :)

• 1 year later...