All-Inclusive Restrictions

MikkiStreak

How exactly does the All-Inclusive plan at resorts work? I know different resorts have different policies, but I'm curious about some of the "in's and out's" of AI plans. For example, I read a review on a website where the person was talking about checking in and some of her guests were "Gold" standard and got more "dinner vouchers", and another person commenting on having to make dinner reservations 2 days in advance for the a la carte restaurants, etc... So I'm starting to get the impression that going AI isn't as simple as just walking from your room to the restaurant you want to dine in and actually getting seated and served.

What has everyone's experience been with the different resorts for these policies?

The AI policy at each resort can be different.I have even read about some resorts that issue 3 meal tickets and a few drink vouchers per day. Anything beyond that you have to pay for. Usually the resort website will spell out their policy for you.

I am staying at Dreams Tulum, which in my understanding, alows unlimited everything. I did not want to get tied up with vouchers or restrictions.

Are you looking at a particular resort? I am sure that someone here has either stayed there or could help out with the resort policies.

This is directly off the Dreams PV website - my assumption and understanding is defiitely that it's unlimited, and I'd be pretty upset to hear otherwise at this point!

Immerse in our unparalleled Unlimited-Luxury® oasis – where everything is included. Relax in a lush tropical paradise secluded in its own private beach cove. Delight in our world class spas while your youngsters stay enthralled at the supervised Explorerâ€s Club. Dine in our many international gourmet restaurants, enjoy your very own private beach, and be a part of our star-filled evening activities.

Unlimited-Luxury, a new and better way to have it all.

Inclusions:

24 hour Unlimited-Luxury room service

No wristbands

Theme parties, ocean-front bars & entertainment venues

Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks

Unlimited premium and domestic brand beverages

Pool & beach wait service

No reservations at specialty restaurants

Live nightly entertainment

Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks each day boasting five á la carte restaurants and four bars including Italian, Seafood, Pan-Asian and Mexican cuisine with no reservations required

Explorerâ€s Club with supervised activities for children featuring sandcastle competitions, arts & crafts, movies on the beach on our big screen TV, and ocean trampoline. There are even weekly campout adventures complete with tents and a campfire!

Banquet facilities

Daily activities including dance lessons, surfing/boogie boarding, beach volleyball and pool games, just to name a few!

Rock climbing

Three swimming pools and three Jacuzzis

Tennis clinics

All taxes & gratuities

Fitness Center – Bicycles, Stairmaster, Treadmill, Nautilus equipment, and free weights

Aerobic classes

Mini-bar refreshed daily with bottled water, beer, soft drinks and juice

dreams is very relaxed...you do not need to make reservations and i had no problem eating when i wanted to...even with a big group...

some of the resorts have only ala carte restaurants so getting your prime dinner time at certain resorts can be tricky w/o a reservation...but for me it really was a non-issue because i tend to eat later when on vacation (after 8pm) because my day just sort of starts later (breakfast at 10:30, then lunch at 2-3pm etc.)

Another thing to check into is what hours each resort serves food and drink. All resorts are not 24 hour inclusive, but many are. Some include room service and some do not even offer it.

The first time we went to an AI, we assumed it included everything all the time and it didn't. We weren't misinformed really, we just didn't ask the specifics beforehand.

And believe me, when you're drunk and hungry at 10pm and your AI resort is telling you they don't serve food again until 7am, you'll wish you asked ahead!!!!!!!!!shots.gif

You really need to read throught every hotel's AI policy. I've been to many AI's in Mexico (my parents only traveled in Mexico when I was a kid). We haven't experiance meal tickets but we have gone to a couple of AI's which handed out different color wrist bands. Depending on what package you purchased you have more restrictions than others. Other hotels will offer room service with a fee or only until a certain time. OR they will say AI but you would have to pay extra for lobstor or prime meat.

We are also staying at Dreams PV and it will be the first which is a true AI!! I'm so excited!!

dreams is great because they are a true AI...no wristbands...no reservations...food ALL-DAY long...even when you don't order it...they even had afternoon tea with all these mini pastries/cakes out...

it was awesome! chips, guac and salsa all day long...then we had poker parties and would order hamburgers/tacos/cheesecakes in the middle of the night...so awesome!