Very Productive Weekend!

KatyKo

So I have only been engaged for 1 month and we haven't confirmed where our wedding is going to be yet (we are talking to our TA tonight about that)...but I had a productive weekend!

On Saturday morning, my two best friends, my only sister, my Mom and my future Mother-In-Law all met at Poffie Girls in Gastonia, NC for an appointment to try on dresses. I had posted earlier (I think), talking about how I have always had this gown in my head and it was so specific I was afraid I wouldn't find what I wanted. Well, I did. I found the dress on watters.com and called all the stores carrying their line in NC to find only ONE store with the dress I wanted.

It was the first dress I tried on that day. I had gone to David's Bridal earlier and didn't find what I wanted. My Mom didn't get emotional at DB, but she said she would when I found "the one." As soon as I stepped out of the dressing room, my Mom lost it! Granted, the dress was 2 sizes too big, but I could tell that it was the one! I don't have the pictures downloaded yet, but here is the dress: WTOO BRIDES | Bridal Gown Collection | Style Adriana | Ivory beaded peau d'ange lace halter gown. Sweep train.

I hope that worked! So I ordered the dress that day. Apparently Watters takes a while to come in, but I have it ordered! (check!)

I also asked my two best friends to be my bridesmaids that day. My sister is my MOH and my cousin will be my 3rd BM. (check!)

I also found an amazing website. Etsy :: Your place to buy and sell all things handmade This is a marketplace for people who have unique gifts or handmade gifts. I put in an order for bags for my BM's gifts and for unique passport covers to match each girls' personality. I have met two great ladies through that site and found a million things I want to buy already!! (check!)

I also purchased a dress to wear to my engagement party (check!). My sister found it at Kohls...and it was 50% off.

I am loving checking things off my list. So far this has been so much fun! I know it gets stressful, but this is great motivation to continue to look for things throughout the year, so I don't have to end up spending a lot of money in the last few months before the big day!