Dreams PV renovations in 2009?

I'm wondering if anyone has heard about renovations planned for Dreams Puerto Vallarta in 2009? I just read a review recently posted on trip advisor which states that renovations will begin next year. Any truth to the matter? I have contacted the wedding planner to get a definite answer, but I thought maybe one of you might already know?...

Thanks~

Britt

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update on this: my FI called the main reservations number and they have no information on scheduled renovations at this time. The wedding coordinator Gaby said the same thing, and that she would let us know if any renovations would affect us if she finds out about them. So, this might be an unfounded rumor, or it might be true - no real confirmation here.

I went and visited Gabi, the coordinator at Dreams, personally today about another matter and asked her about this. She told me that they are planning on updating some of the rooms and some parts of the facilities, but they still don't know when or what or how. So, right now, there's just talk about doing some updating but no real date set. And, whatever they plan on doing, I'm pretty sure they will do their utmost not to disrupt what happens with the hotel too much - these sorts of things take a long time to plan and a long time to implement, so I wouldn't worry about it for next year. Gabi didn't say this, but I would be really surprised if they tried to do anything during the "high" season here which runs Oct-May and it would be much more common for them to attempt something during the "low" season (June-September). :smile

• 3 weeks later...