How Late Do Receptions Go?

I was hoping for a private dinner and reception at my all inclusive resort in Mayan Riviera, but so far, the couple I have looked at only offer private spaces until 11pm.

Is that normal? I was invisioning dancing and having fun til later than that!

Are those of you who are booked (or married!) having receptions that ended at 11? Or were you given later options for your private reception?

Thanks!

it really depends on the resort and where you are having the reception.

usually the staff will leave around 10:30-11:00...if you wanted to continue and party you would have to ok that with the resort...also the location you choose will be a determining factor and if you book most of the resort or not. ex. if you have reception at a pool terrace surrounded by hotel rooms, they would most likely make you cut off dj by 11pm. if it were on a beach away from hotel, then you may be able to negotiate longer.

Dreams' policy is 11 as well, so no it doesn't seem odd. I can understand as well since it is in an open air environment and there are actually guests of the hotel not there for our weddings (as if!). FI isn't too bothered about that, i was at first and contemplated getting one there meeting rooms for an after party. Instead we're going to funnel to the lobby bar if necessary. FI doesn't want to got to the city or anything.

I trust that that day will be a really long day so 11/12am I'll be looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
I will party till I want too! People in NY don't even arrive anywhere until 12 AM so I don't care if the reception ends, I will go to the hotel lobby, I will go downtown, whatever it takes! LOL.

-Glenda

Glenda your funny! I love to have more than my share of drinks and a good time but man I couldnt imagine getting ready to go out at 12 am. I suppose you just adapt to these things.