I'm So Screwed (Gown cost)

I think all the dresses Morgan posted had similar qualities to that of your dream dress and they all look fabulous! I think if you can't manage to fit the dress in your budget or compromise other aspects of your wedding to include the dress than finding a dress with similar qualities that could still give you the feeling of being a sexy bride on your day is you best bet.

But remember the thing you are going to remember the most is how you felt that day and how beautiful and sexy you looked, not how big your bouquet was or how detailed your centerpieces were. Plus all of your guest will be centered on you. So I think if anything break the budget I think it should be your dress! Whatever you do I think you should get a dress that makes you feel best in because you will regret it if you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefnicole View Post
Morgan, you never cease to amaze me with what you can find online.
ha ha . I just went to dillards & nordstroms.com & sorted by bridal & then by ivory. I already had the bill levkoff on my computer because I have a dress like it. I absolutely love that dress. I imagine its what makes the maggie dress so flattering. I feel so hot in it :)

Morgan, you remain as always, my idol. lol..you amaze me.

I'm trying to convince myself to compromise and get something similar..the way it clings to the hips was initially what made me NOT want to try it on (I'm definitely more Marilyn Monroe than Twiggy and my hips will not budget regardless of what type of exercise I do). I'd been trying to stay away from dresses that were clingy below the waist. As for what I love about it..its..well, just everything. The ruching, the fabric, the embellishments...the knock off I tried on (which I'm using the term knock off for lack of a better one) was a very papery, wrinkly type..not sure what. The only reason it really reminds me of the Maggie is the silhouette and the fact that there are straps. It doesn't have draping embellishment fabric under the boobs or the train. Add to that the fact that there is absolutely no sparkle to it, and it left me cold other than realizing that I could pull off the style and be happy with how I looked.