Catholic Ceremonies

Hey there, wondering if anyone can tell me ....

1) are there restrictions (that you know of) where Catholic ceremonies cannot be done? ie certain days of the week, b/c you're not local etc??

2) is it true you can get married then come home and get the certificate blessed?

Any info re this is most appreciated

Thanks

Hi :)

1) are there restrictions (that you know of) where Catholic ceremonies cannot be done? ie certain days of the week, b/c you're not local etc??

~ Do you mean in another country? I guess that would depend where you are going.

2) is it true you can get married then come home and get the certificate blessed?

~ You can always have a Catholic ceremony in addition to a civil one, even years down the line. The prerequisites are the same and are best discussed with your priest, but it is totally possible.

I think years ago the terminology was to have your marriage "blessed", my mom still uses that term. But the Pastor we worked with said that it isn't a blessing, it is a Catholic wedding. As far as the church is concerned the only wedding that counts/matters is the Catholic one.

So even if you have already had a civil or secular wedding, anything you do marriage-wise with the Catholic church after that is still a wedding, not a blessing or renewal or anything like that...at least that's what ours said!