What we've got goin' on so far

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_diva View Post
Sounds great so far.. oh and you don't have to look at dresses until after this summer.. I think they usual ordering time is only 6 months max. Unless you don't mind being a 2 or 3 dress bride. :)
My sister's dress took 9 months so she's got me nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish kate View Post
My sister's dress took 9 months so she's got me nervous.
I guess it wouldn't hurt to start looking and if you find something you love, they should be able to tell you the lead time from that particular manufacturer. Enjoy being engaged! :)

Use this time to find stuff and keep track of it without actually purchasing. Soon your entire vision will be there and you'll avoid buying "crap" you don't actually need or stuff you changed your mind on.

Kate, this will be an incredible wedding. I am sorry you will have to take your parents savings for it. Maybe you can skimp on some things to save them money...ie leave them some to keep in their emergency fund.

You are truly blessed to have a family like yours. Believe me, there is no one that I know who's parents could afford to pay for their daughters wedding in MV! You are very lucky! I cannot wait to see your wedding come together!

Kate your venue looks amazing!!!

I think your parents are awesome! That is so generous and sweet of them to have put aside money for your wedding. Congratulations - and give the parents a big hug for me!

Sorry I'm so late to this thread, but thanks for the info. I was wondering what happened to you and what was going on with all your planning. Everything sounds great. Don't be surprised if I crash your wedding that weekend. I'm a Nantucket girl (BIL's family has a house there) so I'm a sucker for Cape Cod.