Villa del Palmar Resort

Has anyone ever heard of this resort or stayed there: Villa del Palmar? My MOH is going to stay there for a week after my wedding bc she got a really good all inclusive deal and it's 4 miles from Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (the closest resort with all inclusive). She's never been to Cabo so I am a little scared for her bc I have never heard of this place. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bride1212 View Post
Has anyone ever heard of this resort or stayed there: Villa del Palmar? My MOH is going to stay there for a week after my wedding bc she got a really good all inclusive deal and it's 4 miles from Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (the closest resort with all inclusive). She's never been to Cabo so I am a little scared for her bc I have never heard of this place. Thanks.
I've actually stayed there twice before (last time being about 5 years ago), and will be making my third visit come July for a family vacation. We've used our timeshare unit exchange to stay at the Villa del Palmar and have loved it! Some of the rooms are aging, but I heard that they remodeled some buildings last year ~ so hopefully that is no longer an issue.

They've got three great pools, including a fun whale slide for kids, good happy hours specials and delicious food. The service was also very good from what I remember. They also have two sisters resorts right next door that were recently built that I heard were fabulous.

So I don't think you need to worry about your friend ~ plus the Villa del Palmar is located on Playa Medano (the main "swimmable" beach, but it is quite a walk from the public area of the beach so it still gives you a sense of seclusion).

Hope that helps ease the worries!

We've stayed at Villa del Palmar twice in the last year. It's actually a really great place! It is a bit older compared to the shiney new sister properties next to it, but really, the location is perfect - at the end of Medano beach. If you like the beach, you can camp out on a beach chair and get bar service. Walking distance to the Office, Mango Deck etc. I really like staying there because it's close to down town Cabo, but lacks all the hectic-ness of the properties right in the thick of Medano beach. I think your sister will be very happy.