Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by Katryne View Post

Yeah I got the same e-mail. For me it's not a problem as I will be using them (although won't be taking more than what my package covers) and I have 2 guests who are pretty good at taking cool pictures.  I'm under the impression that there's more and more guests who are bringing outside photographers and I'm guessing Arrecife is losing some sales.  Maybe that's why the're a little more aggressive these days?

OK. I'm really not too happy about that, because they did not mention no outside photographers to me when I booked. If I knew that was the case, I would've picked another locations, as my photos are really important for me. I have a lot of relatives in HK that cannot attend the wedding and the photos are the only way they can share the experience with us. **I'm the first one in the family of my generation getting married, so it's kinda a BIG deal to them**

Any other brides getting married in 2013 that has been able to negotiate their way out of using Arrecife?

Originally Posted by futuremrswarner View Post

OK. I'm really not too happy about that, because they did not mention no outside photographers to me when I booked. If I knew that was the case, I would've picked another locations, as my photos are really important for me. I have a lot of relatives in HK that cannot attend the wedding and the photos are the only way they can share the experience with us. **I'm the first one in the family of my generation getting married, so it's kinda a BIG deal to them**

Any other brides getting married in 2013 that has been able to negotiate their way out of using Arrecife?

Are you looking into bring a photographer from Canada or hiring a mexican photographer? We got married there a week ago and used our own. She did happen to be a friend of ours who did come with the group. We just signed a form to decline the use of the resort photographer. If you read back in the thread there is alot of discussion about this topic.

The resort tends to be pushy about this because they do not want people hiring local mexican photographers to coming in. I'd suggest looking into bringing a photographer down from Canada.