Tomato & Cucumber Salad

Ladies,

I love this salad and it's awesome this time of the year... very healthy!! Enjoy!!

1.5 lb ripe tomatoes

1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/2 teaspoon minced garlic

Kosher salt

6-inch cucumber

1/2 sweet onion

1/2 cup crumbled ricotta salata cheese

2 tablespoons sliced, pitted Kalamata olives

1 teaspoon red wine vinegar

Freshly ground pepper

Cut the tomates into 1/2-inch cubes. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss gently to mix. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and remove and discard the seeds, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Cut the onion into 1/4-inch cubes.

Add the cucumber, onion, cheese, and olives to the tomato mixture, the sprinkle with the vinegar and toss to mix. Season with pepper and stir to blend. Serve the salad at room temperature.

How funny! I just finished making a very similar salad (minus cheese and olives, sub fresh dill for basil).

I love this time of year because the produce and herbs are so fresh. I always call it "summer salad".

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrimm1 View Post
I made this the other night, But I skipped the olives and the Ricatta cheese. I used fresh moztarella instead. My FI loved it, and he usually refuses to eat tomatoes. Thanks for the reciepe!!
I'm glad he liked it! It's so refreshing this time of the year. smile159.gif