Scared!

starigo@yahoo.com

Im a newbie and live in Italy. Im scared because I dont know where to start.

Im planning to have my wedding in June 2009 in Sardinia Italy, an island. I want to get married here but all my friends are in California and Im wondering if a destination wedding is worth it.

Welcome :) A destination wedding in Sardinia would be amazing! California is far and the trip can be expensive, but if you can get it organized soon enough people will have time to plan and save for it and you may be surprised to find that more people will come than you expected!

Do you have a resort or venue in mind? That is a good place to start. Happy planning :)

Wow, what a wonderful opportunity to have your friends visit you in Italy and help you celebrate your wedding! It's definitely doable, especially since it's over a year away. Get info to your guests quickly so they can start planning and saving. Good luck - the forum will give you lots of great ideas!

welcome to the forum - and congrats!

a wedding in Sardinia would be amazing - I used to live in Italy and love it there (got to visit Corsica once, but not Sardinia)

but if you like the idea of doing something in California too you could have a reception back home for people that can't make the travel to Italy

best of luck to you - I'm sure you'll find tons of great advice here