Sorry for the slow reply here, but I didn't have my stuff with me, and then it didn't pop up again and I forgot about it!!! Here are all the measurements for making the invites:

Folder

Cut from 12X12 cardstock

Click the image to open in full size.

Cutting

A - Take your 12X12 sheet and measure 7" down the left side and cut across the paper 8 3/4".

B - Measure 1/4" in on the right side at the top, and cut down for 7". Then cut across to remove this piece from the 12X12 cardstock

C - 9 1/2" down the right side, cut across 5".

D - Cut up to the inital cut made in A

Folding

E - Measure in 2 3/4" from the left side and fold

F - Measure 7 3/4" from left side and fold. This should line up with the end of the initial cut made in A.

G - Measure 1/4" on either side of the bottom flap and fold them inwards. The right side one should cause a straight edge down the right side of the invite since the upper piece has been removed.

H - Fold the cardstock aligning with the initial cut in A and the finishing cut in B to remove that piece.

Now glue the side flaps folded in to the back of the folder, creating a pocket.

Now the folder is complete and ready for the invitation to be added, and the inserts.

Inserts

I used 5 inserts but you can adjust the length of them if you need more or less.

Cut all inserts 3 1/2" across

Length:

"Prices" - 6 3/4"

"Booking Info" - 6"

"Resort Map" - 5 1/4"

"Please Reply" - 4 1/2"

"Reception" - 3 3/4"

For the band around the outside, I used velum and cut it across length wise. It doesn't quite fit around the whole folder, but the monogram covers the area not covered by the velum.

I hope this helps and is not too confusing for anyone that is wanting to do this.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...