Birth Certificate Translation

Has anyone gone through the process of having their birth ceritificates translated into Spanish?? I'm starting to get worried about having a civil ceremony in Mexico!!! Everyone seems to have sealed the deal before jetting off....

Any information is greatly appreciated. My wedding is in 2 months and I have no clue what I'm doing or where I should start!

Thanks!

I would suggest you do your legal ceremony in the US, unless you really want to do it in Mexico. We did it 5 days before heading down to Cabo and it was just Mark and I, we went to the JP in the morning then headed to work right after wards. We figured it would be easier and also in case we needed a copy of our marriage license it would be a lot easier to attain. Otherwise you have to get it from the Mexican government and sometimes that's not so easy.

We got married in Mexico, however we didn't need our birth certificte translated. But you should be able to find a local place near you that will do translations, I had to pay for our marriage license to be translated into English before they would legally change my last name. It's a very easy process and takes only a couple of days.