Ceremony Layout

Hi, All

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this or not? Anyways, I was wondering how everyone decided on how to layout their ceremony?

I'm getting ready to have my programs printed - and not sure what to put where. I'd like to have a couple of readings and have my string quartet play a song during the ceremony. I'm having a religious (protestant) ceremony - with the standard vows.

I've done some research, but I think I may be missing something?? Is there some great resource that I've overlooked?

Thanks!

Desiree

I have it as follows:

• Prelude
  • Seating of the parents
  • Processional
  • Bridal Processional
  • Greeting
  • Readings
  • Exchange of Vows
  • Exchange of Rings
  • Rose Presentation
  • Sand Ceremony
  • Signing of the marriage certificate
  • Blessing of the Marriage
  • Pronouncement of Marriage
  • Recessional

But if you are having a Protestant ceremony-just check with your minister, they'll have a ceremony.

I think there are a bunch of books and articles out there that talk about it. I can't remember which ones they were exactly but if I find them I'll post!

I gave Chandlyn copies of our personalized vows, 2 readings that two of our guests would be reading with their names on top, and the sand ceremony. She gave them to the minister (we also did religious) who incorporated them PERFECTLY! I'd leave it up to his discretion, if you can. He really did a fabulous job - you're going to love him!! pinkie.gif

Ours is going to be realy simple. But I'm not making up programs.

After the processional ... the Master of Ceremonies (symbolic ceremony for us) will start the ceremony. It's in Spanish and our WC will translate (this is the translation ... I know, it needs a little work, lol):

Dear Friends:

We are gathered here on this special day for the civil marriage between, bride's name , and groom's name , who have decided to change their status from single to the honorable status of being married.

Marriage is a very special and serious institution.

It is an honourable status which has its origins in the solemn contract celebrated between two people who, of their own free will, wish to marry with the intention to love, honour and care for each other mutually.

To celebrate this marriage, it is necessary that there is no opposition. If anyone present knows of any legal reason to prevent this marriage, they must say so now or remain in silence forever.

Then, my uncle will read our Hand Ceremony.

Tami, please hold Tom's hands with his palms up, so you may see the gift that they are to you. These are the hands of your best friend; young and strong and vibrant with love.

He promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.

These are the hands that will someday feel his child stir within you. These are the hands that will wipe the tears of joy and sorrow from your eyes.

These are the hands that will comfort you when you are sick, and hold you when fear and grief engulfs your heart.

Tom, please hold Tamiâ€s hands palms up, so you may see the gift that they are to you.

These are the hands of your best friend -- smooth, young and carefree -- as she promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.

These are the hands that will hold your children in tender love -- supporting and encouraging them along the way. These are the hands that will hold you tight as you struggle through difficult times.

These are the hands that will comfort you when you are sick, or console you when you are grieving.

Together – as partners in life -- everything you wish for can be realized. Now, take each otherâ€s hands.

God, bless these hands … so that they may always be held by one another.

May they have the strength to hold on during difficult times … yet always remain tender, gentle and nurturing.

May these hands continue building a relationship -- founded in love … and rich in caring.

May you always see these hands as each otherâ€s healer, protector, shelter and guide. Amen.

Then the vows and exchange of rings. (again, this is the translation they sent me)

groom: « On this special day, I take you, bride's name, to be my wife. I promise to be your partner for life and I will always take care of you. You are my one true love, and I will be your best friend forever. »

groom's name, Do you take bride to be your legitimate wife, do you promise to love her, honour her, take care of her and protect her in good and bad times, in richness and poverty, in sickness and health?

As a sign of this promise, please place the ring on the wedding finger of your bride.

bride: « On this special day, I take you, groom's name to be my husband. I promise to be your partner for life and I will always take care of you. You are my one true love, and I will be your best friend forever. »

bride, Do you take groom, to be your legitimate husband, do you promise to love him, honour him, take care of him and protect him in good and bad times, in richness and poverty, in sickness and health?

As a sign of this promise,please, place the ring on the wedding finger of your groom.

Having heard from the couple their wish to marry, having heard no opposition to their marriage, and having met with all the legal requirements needed by the matrimonial law, in the name of the Dominican Republic, on this date Abril 6th 2008, at the Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel, The licensed JOSE LUIS SANCHEZ declares you husband and wife.

You may kiss the bride!

Then ... the party is on!!!

• Like 1

Tami - I like how you're having the Hand Ceremony before the vows and rings. We decided to have it between the vows and the rings, at least that's the order on our program! But no matter what the order, I love that reading! I figure that is probably the point in the ceremony that I will start to cry.