Post your OOT Bag Photos!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Kasey04 View Post

All of the bags on here are absolutely adorable! I can't wait to start making mine. If I got any of these bags when I was attending a wedding I would be so touched! Question - How far in advance did you guys purchase the bags and contents? I'm getting married in December, but I'm afraid that people will come out of the woodwork between now and then and decide to come to the wedding. How and when do you estimate how many to order without going way overboard?

I just ordered my bags a few weeks ago for an October wedding.  We have 32 people confirmed which means 16 bags, but they were so cheap that I went ahead and ordered 30 and then will probably sell the unused ones.

Originally Posted by kimsing12 View Post

Your logo is awesome nbateman! getting so much inspiration!

Thanks, happy to pay it forward since my my inspiration from was from here as well!

I did two at a time yesterday afternoon and did all of them in about an hour!

Originally Posted by MrsMoye View Post

It's never too early to start. I would start with the bags and the items that won't expire.

Yep agreed get stuff along the way so you won't have to buy it all at once, I was even able to score some cheap snacks at Big Lots that didn't have expiration dates (graham crackers). 

I started in September, a year before our wedding date.  As soon as i joined this forum I leared what to buy and what to look out for as i'm in discount stores.

Pick up items at the dollar tree everytime you see them, that's what I've learned the most from here! See hand santizer, get it, sunblock, get it, shower puffs, etc.  Don't wait because they will be gone next time and there's absolutely no guarantee other dollar stores stock them.

Originally Posted by nbateman View Post

Yep agreed get stuff along the way so you won't have to buy it all at once, I was even able to score some cheap snacks at Big Lots that didn't have expiration dates (graham crackers). 

I started in September, a year before our wedding date.  As soon as i joined this forum I leared what to buy and what to look out for as i'm in discount stores.

Pick up items at the dollar tree everytime you see them, that's what I've learned the most from here! See hand santizer, get it, sunblock, get it, shower puffs, etc.  Don't wait because they will be gone next time and there's absolutely no guarantee other dollar stores stock them.

LOL...you are absolutely right! You have to get them when you see them! I purchased the majority of my items from the Dollar Store.

Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post

Ann I can't post a pic yet b/c I haven't gotten mine yet. I will either get the palm leaf bags or depending on how many guests I have I may do the luggage that Christine posted on another post. (I fell in love with them) If I don't do either of these ideas then I will do a plain gift bag (like the kind you get in Hallmark for someone's b-day) and place a monogram on it along with some tissue paper and call it a swag bag (so that my guests can feel like celebrities). I am going to include the following things in my bag:

1. Friends/Sex & The City DVD

2. lip balm (thanks to your great idea)

3. Water bottles with custom made labels

4. plastic toy water guns

5. medicine

6. mini suntan lotion

7. flip flops (either in this bag or in a basket at my reception)

8. disposable camera

9. custom t-shirts (only for the girls)

10. a double CD (one side with songs my FI likes and one with songs I like)

11. the picture makeup bags (but only for my BMs)

12. Koozies (only for the guys)

13. terry cloth cover ups from Target (only for my BM)

14. I may get cheap sunglasses from chinatown for the guys

15. I am going to make my own celebrity magazine (modeled after US Weekly)with news about all my guests including pics. I thought it could be fun to update everyone on what's been going on with everyone's life.

-Glenda

how much does the whole ott costs?

I started purchasing about 6 months before the wedding. I purchased enough bags to cover the amount I pretty much expected. And the reast I kind of gathered slowly. Some of it worked out perfectly, and some I purchased too many. In my OOT bag: Tote First Aid Kit Hand sanitizer mini febreez Hand wipes (on the go) Pepto Bismol chewables Advil Blistex A bottle opener a wine corker a foldable water bottle lint roller tissues My favorite candy (tic tacs) Mark's favorite candy (sour patch kids) Spanish phrases for dummies (mini) And I am going to add a few little pool toys, footballs and squirt guns and beach balls, just for some fun!