How to tell my boss I'm leaving?

Birdie07

Ok, I'm a nanny for a 6 month old girl. I would of started in Dec. but I was getting married so I started January 2. So I've only been there 3 months. I feel horrible but my DH has a job in Colorado. I don't know how to tell my bosses. I'm giving 30 days notice but I know how sucky it is to get childcare. What would you do? How should I tell them??

Cali, you should just start it off like you said above, "I feel horrible but my DH has a job in Colorado. I didn't know how to tell you, I need to give my 30 days notice. I'm sorry because I know how tough it is to get childcare. I do know someone that might be able to help you, her name is Jane Smith."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
Cali, you should just start it off like you said above, "I feel horrible but my DH has a job in Colorado. I didn't know how to tell you, I need to give my 30 days notice. I'm sorry because I know how tough it is to get childcare. I do know someone that might be able to help you, her name is Jane Smith."
I second this!

I agree with the straight forward honest approach.

We tend to make ourselves feel guilty in these situations because we think we are letting someone down. It might help you if you flip it around & think of it as a fantastic opportunity for you & your husband to move forward in life...remember this is YOUR life after all! Any good employer will be sorry to see you go, but thrilled that good things are happening for you :)