Atop The Empire State Building

It was November 29, 2007, we are in New York on our well-deserved vacation. We had just finished watching the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. we decided to see the Empire State Building at night so we cruised over there right after the show. There is tons of security and metal detectors so he was freaking they might go off with the ring in his pockets. Finally through security we made our way up the 2 elevators. I had no idea what was in store for me once we reached the top. The North side was soo cold and windy that he suggested we go to the south side. Then just like in the movies he fell to one knee and proposed in front of everyone! if you knew my FI you would know how out of character this was for him which made it all the more special!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyV View Post
How romantic!!! Do you remember what he said when he dropped on one knee??
THAT WAS THE BEST PART!

I was commenting on how great the view of New York is at night and he kneeled down and said "Do you know what would be better than that, if you would be my wife. Marry me." and the rest is as they say HISTORY!