Bring own Dj, Resort Dj or Ipod???

$150/hour? thats decently cheap. have you figured with them what the cost would be for renting speakers to hook up your ipod? it might be worth the money and hassle to just pay a DJ to do it because sometimes the speaker set up is really expensive.

There are a few threads on this already, that will help you make your decision. I personally dont want to bother with an IPOD (batteries die, IPOD freeze up, who will manage the IPOD to change the music, etc). To me, there are two things that I dont mind paying a little extra for and thats great photos and great music. I can cut back on other things but not on that those 2 things. We are planning to bring someone with us from NY, we'll pay for his accomodations and in turn he wil play music for that wknd.

I have gone back and forth with this as well the entire time. I have put all the music I want, but still using the resort DJ (1300.00). Music is really important to us, so the dj is just going to attach his equipment to my computer. I read a ton on here and on the knot, and I decided the less I had to worry about the better. Best of luck!!

We're paying $950.00 for three hours. My fiance thinks it's insane (which it kind of is) but we don't have any other music options, so it's either that or nothing. I'm not willing to have no music, so he had to give in! haha

Anyhow, $150 per hour is a very good price IMO if it includes set-up and all the equipment.

I should add, I have been to iPod weddings before, and some have been fantastic, while others have been really bad. It was totally because of the room & speaker set-up at each as to whether or not it worked. You have to be in the right room for the music to travel properly. At one wedding you could barely hear the music, and there was literally NO one except the few little kids on the dance floor the entire night. I'm sure it was a disappointment to the bride & groom.