Grandma in Cabo?

Did anyone have their grandparents attend their ceremony in Cabo? I'm getting married at Dreams in October and haven't talked to my grandma about it yet. My FI will be paying her way so finances aren't a concern. (she's on a fixed income) but when I ask her, I want to have an idea of things for her to do.. obviously drinking at the pool bar is out! :)

She's from WI so not sure how she'll enjoy the 90 degree weather.

She's my very favorite person in the world and want her very much to be there, but don't want her to be uncomfortable.

any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_diva View Post
Did anyone have their grandparents attend their ceremony in Cabo? I'm getting married at Dreams in October and haven't talked to my grandma about it yet. My FI will be paying her way so finances aren't a concern. (she's on a fixed income) but when I ask her, I want to have an idea of things for her to do.. obviously drinking at the pool bar is out! :)

She's from WI so not sure how she'll enjoy the 90 degree weather.
She's my very favorite person in the world and want her very much to be there, but don't want her to be uncomfortable.

any suggestions?
hi angela,

steves 86 year old grandma came and loved it! she had just had knee surgery so she had trouble walking around but once we got her to a spot she had a great time with everyone....actually there were a few older folks with health probs in mexico and they had a great time

Thanks Guys. I don't know why I'm so nervous even to ask.. I REALLY want her to be there, but I don't want her to feel pressured.. she's from a really small town..in fact the only time she's flown was to visit me in CA. She had a great time here.. No other "older folks" invited in our party. Who knows, maybe Grandma will get lucky in paradise! Ew.. can't believe I just thought that.

Angela

Both of my 89 year old grandmas came. We couldn't get one of them out of the pool! They both had a great time and loved talking to all the guests (they don't get to be around a lot of people very often). One of my grandmas (the one in the pool - she's a firecracker) even got up and gave a toast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATASHA View Post
Both of my 89 year old grandmas came. We couldn't get one of them out of the pool! They both had a great time and loved talking to all the guests (they don't get to be around a lot of people very often). One of my grandmas (the one in the pool - she's a firecracker) even got up and gave a toast.
didnt it seem like they had a great time. steve's grandma was so cute...she hung out by the pool with us..went to giggling marlin with my parents. she loved it.

Angela,

Would you be willing to let her bring a friend? This may make her feel more comfortable so that she won't feel like an outsider around so many young people. I'm sure if she brought a friend they would enjoy themselves. You would be surprised, most older people enjoy getting out and enjoying life! Defenitly ask her. Even if she can't come she will be pleased that you asked her.

-Glenda