Excursion vs. OOT bags

I think it sounds like you want an excursion. You know your gust and what they like and use. I like that idea too, but want a small OOT bag with a little book of all the people attending our wedding. I want to create a directory so everyone can know names. I may throw a few small beachy treats in and thats all:) Good Luck!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE are doing both. We booked at the paradisus the snorkeling sunset excursions from scuba carribean - it was cheap and drinks included for 500.00 for 20 people (2hurs)

Then we booked atv for another day- again got a great deal -

Our bags are good but not great- I think..We have sunblock, pool raft, starfish soap, starfish wine topper, maps of the island & rersort, spanish for dummies, cards, chapstick, and some other stff

I guess it you can go either way. I am boxing my OOT stuff and sending with a BM. Excursions are a lot of fun but not everyone will want to go on it. That being said when I was in Peurto Plata we went into town and walked into a excursion office (sorry don't remember the name) and got the outback excursion for $25/person because we filled the truck. Way better then the $75 quote we got at the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2love View Post
I think the excursion idea is a good one. Have you tried asking your resort what kind of deals you can get on excursions if you book as a large group? They might have suggestions for you. Plus it will make the group bond even more if you all do something together! Or you could treat all the girls to manicures and all the boys to a game of golf or something (depending how much it is ofcourse).
I didnt think about asking the resort because they are just so darn expensive. But i will ask Kelly if she has suggestions. I did see on her price lists that you can do a booze cruise for $50 a person. but i was hoping to get something cheaper than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis1230 View Post
WE are doing both. We booked at the paradisus the snorkeling sunset excursions from scuba carribean - it was cheap and drinks included for 500.00 for 20 people (2hurs)
Then we booked atv for another day- again got a great deal -
Our bags are good but not great- I think..We have sunblock, pool raft, starfish soap, starfish wine topper, maps of the island & rersort, spanish for dummies, cards, chapstick, and some other stff
That is reall a good deal. but we are expecting 50 people (even though all of them may not participate) so im afraid it would cost us over $1000.

We are dividing up a lot of the things we have to bring down (centerpieces, OOT bags, etc) among other guests who are closeby and can help get things down there. We also have some old luggage that we are using and will just leave behind so we don't have to bring back extra luggage for things like OOT bags.

• 5 weeks later...

We are putting together little OOT bags for our guests in Punta Cana. After reading this thread, I told my Mom about it and that some people are doing excursions instead. We got to talking and have decided that we may do the OOT bags as well as an excursion. The only thing was that we would have to find something that everyone wanted to do, that no one that has been there has already done, and something that was affordable for us to foot the bill. Then we decided that we are going to look into renting vans for a day and we are going to go to 'Altos de Chavon'. It is a little village that a man built for his daughters birthday and it resembles a european city. It has become an artist community, but it looks beautiful. We heard about this and were told to go check it out, and so far everyone that we have talked to is interest in going. The only cost for us would then be the vans and it is not going to hurt the bank account doing it. Thanks everyone for the idea of an excursion!!!

I'm doing an excursion, not sure about OOT bags though. It seems like people drop a lot of money into those bags (those little items add up quickly!). We're chartering a catamarran for an afternoon. I think it's $600 for 50 people. They get you with the food and drinks though. Since we're staying at a villa that includes chef service, I'm going to have the chef make up some lunch and rum punch to take with us on the boat.

I'm late to this post, but I know you can take the Paradisus Palma Real boat for a snorkeling trip, i thought it was less than $50 per person, i think it was around $30.

I'm doing welcome bags, delivering them to everyone before we leave for the trip, and having them bring them. this way i don't have to lug more stuff than i'll already have. just an idea. it stinks that we can't ship stuff down because the postal system isn't reliable there.