Signature Wedding Drinks????

I'm not really sure where to post this question, but I was wondering if anyone is planning on having signature drinks at their reception. My wedding coordinator brought this idea up to me and now I have been on the hunt for the perfect drinks. We are probably going to have 4, so any ideas are greatly appreciated :)

shots.gif

Kris

I would start with your favorites and then whatever your wedding colors are. There are lots of ways to tint the beverages.

Someone did 4, Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, and Something Blue. I don't remember where I saw it now. The cocktail menu cards were really cute!

I saw 2 different ideas that I thought were cute: 1. Something Old, New, Borrowed & Blue 2. They had their wedding party all pick their favorite drinks and then named them after each person.

My colors are blue too and I really wanted to have a blue drink, but my WC just send me their liquor list and I don't see any blue colored liquor......Any other ideas??

Oh, I was also wondering if you have to pay extra for this? And is everyone doing this in addition to an open bar, or instead of one?

here's a pic of my menu:

Click the image to open in full size.

we picked 3 orange drinks (our color) and named 2 after important places - where we met and where we got engaged. the last drink was an orange margarita b/c hey - it was mexico!

we weren't charged for it, as it was an AI, but i dont know if non-AIs would charge.

btw, if you are looking for an orange drink, that 'rockefeller' was REALLY good! cherry liqueur, vodka, and sprite - SO yummy!

We are going to do it too. But I was going to pick a few of their normal cocktails and just rename them after important places to us. For example. we live on Massachusetts Ave and we always have extensive margarita parties on our roof (pool) in the summer. So one drink will be the Massgarita. I'm not coordinating with my colors but that would be cute!