This is all new to me. What is the purpose of these bags? Is it just a gift to your guests telling them thank you for coming?? Sorry if I sound stupid. I am just trying to figure out if I need to be doing something along those lines. There is just going to be a total of 6 of us for the renewal ceremony. They are my dh and myself, my 2 kids and their boyfriend/girlfriend. We are paying for everything for them(the whole trip). Any suggestions of some basic things I should take? They are all going to be in the ceremony also. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Denise,

Maybe it's a little bit of 'thank you for coming' along with 'we were thinking of things to make your stay more comfortable'.

I went to a wedding in a different state where they gave us a gift bag with chips, chocolates, gum, water bottles, snack stuff that was nice to have and a thank you note. We ate it all.

With destination weddings, I have seen people include items that maybe people will need or maybe don't know they need until they get there, in addition to small gifts.

There is actually a 'sticky' in this sub-forum that includes OOT pictures which could be helpful to decide what you would like the to be.

Thanks for the info! Yes, we are paying everything, the airfare, hotel, food etc. Then again it's my kids and their SO. I may still get some things that would be helpful. I will look through the links. I will also get them each a little thank you gift for being a part of our ceremony.

Yeah they are pretty much to Welcome your guests and to tell them thanks for traveling to your wedding. Alot of times they will add a welcome letter, maps, list of activities. It can be easier than telling a bigger group of people absoutley everything there is to do and where it is.