I decided on a dress! now what size to order is the ?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same issue with mine. I tried on a size 14 in the store and was able to zip it. The top of the dress was a little too big, but it felt snug in the waist. I planned on losing weight, but I didn't want to stress myself out about it in case I didn't lose enough so I ordered the size 16. I think it may be easier to take in a dress than add to one even if you end up paying more in alterations. You could always ask the lady what it would cost to alter the 12 so you have an idea.

Congrats on the dress! Gorgeous!

I am one of the few that says go with the size 12. I've always heard its easier to take than let out. And if you don't want your girls on display, I think its easier for a seamstress to tighten a dress along the the back than it is for them to custom make fabric around your boobs. You never know how that could turn out or potentially take away from the dresses design, nor would you want any of that to fall off or rip if its done poorly.

Of course in my area there are two well known seamstresses that will never charge more than $180 to do all alterations on a dress including hem and bustle. So I'd be more inclined to get the bigger size and take it somewhere like that.

I say the dress is beautiful!!! I love it!

As far as size...I say go w/ the 10. As mentioned already, boobs loose weight first and if it fits with the 10 but you just need to add fabric, then the 12 will most likely be too big up there and then you will need to pay to have the whole thing taken in...