I wanted to put something on the inside of my boarding pass envelope that says basically - we wanted to invite all of our family and friends, but we totally understand that everyone won't be able to come and we know it's a really long and pretty expensive trip and we don't expect everyone to be there, but we're just inviting you because we love you. so if you can't make it (or if you can) we're going to have a reception at home upon our return.

From that, I wrote this....

We're getting married!

We're heading all the way to Mexico to say our vows and would love for all of our family and friends to join us. We realize that it may be difficult for everyone to travel that far so we will also have a reception in St. Louis upon our return. Since Cancun is so far away we understand if you cannot make the trip, but our fingers are crossed and we'll be delighted if you can!

My mom read it and thinks it's a little too wordy and now I kind of agree. How should I reword it?

Thanks!

These are my changes...

We're Getting Married!

As we head down to Mexico to say our vows we would love for you to join us.

We realize that it may be a long trip for some, so we are having a reception in St. Louis upon our return.

Your names here are very excited and hope you will be able to make it to Cancun!

You could just keep it short and simple saying something like a normal invitation....

our vows will be on xx date at xx time at xx place (mexico)...

then i would do a separate card in the envelope with the invite stating that there will be an at-home reception upon your return.