Message-in-a-bottle STD's, Pics! Almost done!

This is how they came from Sand Blast Entertainment

Click the image to open in full size.

This is Doug hard at work starting the assembly line! (We made 50, and sending out about 25-50 of just the postcards, to the people who wouldn't care about the hard work and fun idea of the MIB STD wink.gif )

Note our fancy-schmancy solution to how to pour sand into tiny bottle opening: funnel and pitcher duct-taped with plastic wrap!

Closer view of assembly line:

Close up of the almost finished product:

Pic of the Vistaprint postcards and address labels:

We just need to get some twine, roll all our postcards, tie the twine to the postcard and wind it out and around the cork, and wax them (we bought sealing wax and plumeria scented oil at Michaels), then put on the address labels and get postage. Our goal is to have them sent out by March 11, 4 months prior.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE THEM!!!! I wanted to do something similar but then at the last minute changed my mind. I'm so glad you went with this. Your guests are going to love that they're so unique.

Oh, and thanks for the pics. So funny to watch Doug working the essembly line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina View Post
hey we're date twins!!!!

and your bottles look great. i love the colored sand as opposed to natural.
Thanks! We wanted to try and incorporate as much of the "wedding color" as possible into the whole shebang.
And yea for 7-11!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJen View Post
I LOVE THEM!!!! I wanted to do something similar but then at the last minute changed my mind. I'm so glad you went with this. Your guests are going to love that they're so unique.

Oh, and thanks for the pics. So funny to watch Doug working the essembly line.
I didn't want the hassle of doing something unique, but Doug "came up" with this great idea all on his own (didn't have the heart to tell him half the girls on here did these already sad.gif ) and how could I argue when he was so excited! Plus he did most of the work, and they really do look great. I'm really excited to send them, and see what our family and friends have to say!