Bikini Wax?

Spazz

I am SO glad this thread got started...I've always thought about getting a Brazilian, but was too scared to ask around about the experience!

I think I might get this done before the wedding...how long before would be ideal? I don't want to get it too close and be irritated, but I also wouldn't want it to start re-growing before the wedding! Any ideas?

I find that the eyebrow and lip do tend to cause little pimples.

Nothing like that with legs or bikini though.

Frankly, I use a depilitator on my legs (think epilady, but they are so much better these days), and I swear by it. Yes, it hurts, but there is no regrowth for almost 2 weeks. And I can do it whenever I want, and it doesn't cost me $45 a session. That being said, I can't use it on my bikini. It's not as quick as waxing, and just too OWWIE!

For those that are getting eyebrows waxed, I recommend finding someone who can do it by "string". Once you get your eyebrows/lips done by string you will never go back to wax. I love it.

The esthetician sp? takes a thin string and pulls the hair. It doesn't hurt and IMO it looks cleaner.

This process is used by different ethnic groups but its becoming a trend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohappy View Post
For those that are getting eyebrows waxed, I recommend finding someone who can do it by "string". Once you get your eyebrows/lips done by string you will never go back to wax. I love it.

The esthetician sp? takes a thin string and pulls the hair. It doesn't hurt and IMO it looks cleaner.

This process is used by different ethnic groups but its becoming a trend.
I believe its called 'threading' at least around here it is. My daughter pays $3 at one of the local Indian beauty shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayG View Post
I am SO glad this thread got started...I've always thought about getting a Brazilian, but was too scared to ask around about the experience!

I think I might get this done before the wedding...how long before would be ideal? I don't want to get it too close and be irritated, but I also wouldn't want it to start re-growing before the wedding! Any ideas?
If you do it the week before, you shouldnt have a problem