Fee's, Fee's & More Fee's

Wow, that's pretty high ... does it include open bar for all your guests (even the ones that are not staying at the resort)? I guess everything is relative. If you are getting a 6 courses meal, open bar, 8 choices of deserts for that price ... that price may be pretty good. See what you are getting for what you are paying and like the other ladies are saying, try to negotiate ...

You are right about having the dinner at one of their restaurants. I went to a wedding at a resort in Dominican Republic and they picked that option. As a guest, it did not feel like a wedding reception at all (more like a dinner at a restaurant - that's what is was anyway) -- then we went to the club of the resort to party - which again did not feel like a reception since other resort patrons were at the club. I understand that it depends on people's budget and we did have lots of fun ... but if you have the budget, I definitely suggest a private reception

Good luck .. whatever you do, I am sure eveything will be worth it !!bunny_4.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABride View Post
Wow, that's pretty high ... does it include open bar for all your guests (even the ones that are not staying at the resort)? I guess everything is relative. If you are getting a 6 courses meal, open bar, 8 choices of deserts for that price ... that price may be pretty good. See what you are getting for what you are paying and like the other ladies are saying, try to negotiate ...

You are right about having the dinner at one of their restaurants. I went to a wedding at a resort in Dominican Republic and they picked that option. As a guest, it did not feel like a wedding reception at all (more like a dinner at a restaurant - that's what is was anyway) -- then we went to the club of the resort to party - which again did not feel like a reception since other resort patrons were at the club. I understand that it depends on people's budget and we did have lots of fun ... but if you have the budget, I definitely suggest a private reception

Good luck .. whatever you do, I am sure eveything will be worth it !!bunny_4.gif

Yes, that does include full open bar and a 5 course meal (lobster, steak choices on the menu) and it also includes the cocktail and hor' doerve hour.

I was mainly concerned about the extra almost $900 in fees for the 3 butlers and chef that seemed overly high.

Thanks for the reassurance. I keep trying to tell myself it's worth it too! LOL.

• 1 year later...