New to Forum - 1st Post

OneLove

did you use destinationwedding.com? i tried that, and didn't have good luck either. i am using a travel agent mainly for my guests, i want them to be able to contact her and be able to ask her all the travel questions so they don't ask me! i am actually using tammy (host), who is the host of this site - she's been great and she does specialize in destination weddings, and honeymoons too i think. (thanks, tammy!) i travel so much for work - i actually hate planning travel.

anyway - you're definitely on track, even ahead of the game! i haven't sent out my STDs yet, and i am getting married in June. and i am still working in finalizing the room block at the hotel.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the same thing, paid my $50, and told her what I was looking for - and I wasn't sure of location yet. She kept just sending me package prices for one location, I think Cabo, and wouldn't explore other options. We even had a little talk, and she said that she misunderstood. That didn't help. Also, they don't do mainland US (other than Vegas), and we wanted to look at some options in S. Cal, so she couldn't help there either.

Not sure I ever got my $50 back though ... hmmmmm...

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the board! I'm getting married at Moon Palace on March 3, 2007. Afterwards, I will be posting a detailed review of my experience. In the meantime, let me know if I can help in any way. We were originally expecting 50 people also. Now, the number has grown to about 60 or 65 (we're still receiving responses). I did end up using a travel agent, but what Moon Palace doesn't always tell you upfront is that if you book between 10-30 rooms with them they will give you a free cocktail reception. However, they must be booked directly through Nancy at MP. Travel agent reservations won't count. So, my guests are only using the travel agent for non-MP hotels.

Welcome again and feel free to contact me with questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreslove View Post
Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the board! I'm getting married at Moon Palace on March 3, 2007. Afterwards, I will be posting a detailed review of my experience. In the meantime, let me know if I can help in any way. We were originally expecting 50 people also. Now, the number has grown to about 60 or 65 (we're still receiving responses). I did end up using a travel agent, but what Moon Palace doesn't always tell you upfront is that if you book between 10-30 rooms with them they will give you a free cocktail reception. However, they must be booked directly through Nancy at MP. Travel agent reservations won't count. So, my guests are only using the travel agent for non-MP hotels.

Welcome again and feel free to contact me with questions.

hi lenita,

i just negotiated a free champagne reception for my bride going to el dorado, it is pretty standard in RM area. i would try to push your WC at moon to allow your guests not booking directly through them to count. i would get your TA to push this issue!

most resorts don't even negotiate it because it is a given. at dreams cancun they set up a welcome reception with drinks and appetizers.

Tammy does dreams cancun always set up welcome reception? Do you have to ask about that?

Andrea, I also looked into destinationweddings.com and never paid the $50 because I didn't really like the idea of paying for something that I didn't know what I would get, I have not heard anything good about them from anyone! Tammy (host) is a wealth of information and she would definetly be able to help you with your travel arrangements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
Tammy does dreams cancun always set up welcome reception? Do you have to ask about that?

Andrea, I also looked into destinationweddings.com and never paid the $50 because I didn't really like the idea of paying for something that I didn't know what I would get, I have not heard anything good about them from anyone! Tammy (host) is a wealth of information and she would definetly be able to help you with your travel arrangements
they did it automatically for our group...it wasn't negotiated AND i saw them do it for all new groups that checked in....they had a welcome sign, then they had this area set off the lobby, near the bar and it had all these hors d'oevres, guacamole, chips, champagne as you checked in. it was a pleasant surprise

Hell and Welcome,

Like everyone else has said, Definitly go with a Travel Agent and then use the resort WC for you wedding cordinator and then if you really feel like you need it and the resort will allow it think about hiring an outside WC that is based out of Cancun/Riviera Maya!