newbie- greece wedding

Fotini

Welcome aboard! Greece is such a beautiful location. can you tell us why Greece? Are you or family from there? Have you ever been there before?

My FMIL promised us a trip to Greece when/if FI ever graduates from Business School. It's such a beautiful local! Congrats and I can't wait to hear the details.

well my family is from greece, but they are all in athens...but it seems silly to bring poeple all the way from NY and have a wedding in a big city and not an island :)

I have been to santorini a few times on my own, and my FI went a few years ago together.. and he loved it even more than I did... so it just seemed like a no brainer.. the only thing is that i do have a big family there.. so its not going to be a small DW...

if anyone is interested this site has good pics of the island Santorini Pictures, Greece: A collection of pictures of Santorini, Cyclades

-Fo

fo, thanks for the great information...we do not have any greece brides but i hope you stick around so we can get the details of your wedding and see pics...we can never get enough wedding pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotini View Post
well my family is from greece, but they are all in athens...but it seems silly to bring poeple all the way from NY and have a wedding in a big city and not an island :)

I have been to santorini a few times on my own, and my FI went a few years ago together.. and he loved it even more than I did... so it just seemed like a no brainer.. the only thing is that i do have a big family there.. so its not going to be a small DW...

if anyone is interested this site has good pics of the island Santorini Pictures, Greece: A collection of pictures of Santorini, Cyclades

-Fo