Bachelorette send off??

Hi gals!

I'm having my DW in Playa del Carmen with only parents, aunts and uncle in tow (6 guests total). One of the reasons why we decided to get married abroad was to avoid the big fat wedding - we have a huge family and it would easily be 200 to 300 people! Instead, a couple of months after we get back, we'll most likely have a small AHR with a few family and friends. I wasn't intending on have a bridal shower because honestly it's not a big deal to me, and it also doesn't seem right to me to invite folks who won't be at our wedding. However, a friend of mine just told me she would love to help in the planning of a little bachelorette send off for me, like dinner/drinks and maybe a tame male stage revue show (!). Another friend of mine, when I told her of our weddings plans, said to please let her know if there was anything she could do, kinda along the same lines as my other friend. What do you gals think, would it be bad etiquette/tacky in the same sense of the bridal shower to have something like thishuh.gif Would love to hear your thoughts!!

Susan

no, I think its totally fine to have a bachelorette party. Mostly because people don't give you gifts at a bachelorette party. And they are fun for your friends which is why they probably want to throw you one. Any excuse to have a fun night out. I am not having any showers even though we did invite a over 100 people. But I am having a bachelorette party & an after party.

I agree! I think a bachelorette is absolutely fine! I know if I were the friend of a bride having a DW and I wasn't going, I would still totally love to throw her a bachelorette party, because it's a fun night out with the girls!

My friends are throwing a bachelorette party next weekend for me! Of course, many of them are also coming to the wedding, or were invited but can't make it, but there are others who are coming just for the fun night out!

Thanks for your input ladies. For not having given much thought to a bachelorette party, now I have to admit I'm excited! You're right, it'll be a fun night out with the girls. I'll be sure to share the details!

jmhein, Have fun at your BP next weekend!!!

Susan