Paradisus Punta Cana Brides

Hey everyone,

I'm getting married at the Paradisus Punta Cana on Feb. 28th/'09 and I'm having a hard time choosing a reception location. I'm having up to 40 guests...does anyone know if the restaurants can accommodate this amount of people? I was thinking of having the dinner at one of the restaurants and then a private party with just cocktails afterward on the beach or another outdoor area. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am getting married in 2 weeks there. and I booked alberfura restaurant with a dj and firedancers, etc

i was told it can hold 100 people but we only have 25- so I was afraid it was going to look empty, but the wc said it will work. I will let you know after I get back. I would definitly book a restaurant if you can, but they charge to make it private, and any reservation over 10 people is a fixed menu. So, what I have done is book 3 reservations under 3 names- to avoid that the night before the wedding. Stay tuned- ill let you know when I get back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis1230 View Post
i am getting married in 2 weeks there. and I booked alberfura restaurant with a dj and firedancers, etc
i was told it can hold 100 people but we only have 25- so I was afraid it was going to look empty, but the wc said it will work. I will let you know after I get back. I would definitly book a restaurant if you can, but they charge to make it private, and any reservation over 10 people is a fixed menu. So, what I have done is book 3 reservations under 3 names- to avoid that the night before the wedding. Stay tuned- ill let you know when I get back
Do you mind me asking how much they charge to make it private? I have decided I definitely do not want a private plated dinner at a private location (such as the beach) because of the high cost, but I want to be able to dance and have drinks after the dinner. I hate not having a set plan!! I can't wait to hear how your wedding goes...Congratulations, have a great time!

I found the 3 buffet menues for receptions ok- but the wedding planner allowed me to make my own menue from the 3 - so thats what I did. Our reception is from 7-10 food, drinks, for those hours for 25 guests is 2000. It would have been 1600 but marino restaurant changed their minds last minute. I have a DJ and firedancers so I wanted something private but not on the beach. The staek restaurant and marino are open restaurants so theres no windows (firedancer will work).

The radizzio restaurant holds 25-30 people and its 50 a head for all you drink and buffet.

Quote:
I found the 3 buffet menues for receptions ok- but the wedding planner allowed me to make my own menue from the 3 - so thats what I did. Our reception is from 7-10 food, drinks, for those hours for 25 guests is 2000. It would have been 1600 but marino restaurant changed their minds last minute. I have a DJ and firedancers so I wanted something private but not on the beach. The staek restaurant and marino are open restaurants so theres no windows (firedancer will work).
The radizzio restaurant holds 25-30 people and its 50 a head for all you drink and buffet.
Glad to hear you were able to mix and match your menu. She didn't give me that option, ehich is a bummer, but we are going with the Carribean Menu which is good and has a little of everything. Ours is the beach reception and it's $2500 flat fee. We have 40 people in all (including 2 kids). The only "extra" we are adding is a cigar roller.

• 1 month later...
Quote:
How did your reception turn out? I am still undecided as to which I will choose. Congratulations on being married!

• 7 months later...

I was in comunication with the WC in PPC she is very sweet, and respond me so quickly, but I interested to make a plated dinner at the beach, and they don´t offer a plated dinner at the beach, she explain me that if I want a 3 courses I need choice a Ballroon or at the Convention Terrace, because at the beach just they have the option for a buffet style

Do you think, that a Buffet style can look nice for a wedding reception.

• 8 months later...