my mom wants to wear white...

and I am not sure how I feel about this!!!

My first thought was WTF?!? Then I wondered why not?

Its not a dress, its dressy capris and a shirt type jacket... It is a very dressy outfit but I am not so sure how I feel about it...

She is walking me down the aisle... I am wearing a white full length wedding dress...

I don't think she realizes that although this isn't a traditional fancy schmancy wedding at a golf club or what-have-you, I still want elegance and some tidbits of tradition!

Is it still bad etiquette for someone other than the bride to wear white? Or am I being old fashioned?

I guess I am just looking for some input... I am not sure what to think anymore!

Thanks.

Jenn

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also tell my mom please don't wear white. It is your one time you get to go to a wedding and wear white. My mom is walking me down the aisle also and my fear was that we would blend together so if you both wear white you might, i don't know why I really think that but i do lol.

It is considered an extreme faux pas for ANYONE to wear white (or ivory, cream or champagne) to a wedding unless specifically asked to do so by the bride. PERIOD.

This is a non-negotiable point. Tell her to keep looking. Tell her to wear the white outfit to your rehearsal or welcome dinner. But it is just bad, bad taste to even think about wearing white to a wedding. (unless you're the bride of course).