I'm printing up my envelopes and I'm wondering how you guys addressed the guest of your invitee. I only know their guest's first name. Should I put:

1) Joe Shmoe & Jenny

or

2) Joe Shmoe & Guest

or

3) go crazy trying to find out this person's last name

Oh ths shame... smile72.gif Etiquette-wise, you're really supposed to write their full names on the invitation if they live together or are married. But, we're not that etiquette obsessed, are we? blush2.gif

I just, in a mad rush, decided to put +guest on a couple of my invites. Woopte doo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyK View Post
what if I've only met the guest 2x and they don't live together?
How long have they been together? If it's really serious, maybe you should just call your friend to get the name.
If it's just been a few months, don't worry about it :)

ok, I'm just trying to do the right thing over here..

btw now i'm mad! I was going to send my cousin a myspace message asking what her boyfriend's last name was and she deleted me off her myspace! I didn't even notice til now! I knew she was upset that I asked her sister to be in my wedding (who backed out bc she didn't want her sister to be upset) but you don't delete someone off myspace unless it's serious lmao now i'm mad lol lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyK View Post
ok, I'm just trying to do the right thing over here..

btw now i'm mad! I was going to send my cousin a myspace message asking what her boyfriend's last name was and she deleted me off her myspace! I didn't even notice til now! I knew she was upset that I asked her sister to be in my wedding (who backed out bc she didn't want her sister to be upset) but you don't delete someone off myspace unless it's serious lmao now i'm mad lol lol
Ouch! That's rude! fryingpan.gif
I don't know why people don't understand that we have closer relationships with some people, even if they are sisters and brothers of others... grrrr...

You can only do what you can do. Your intentions are good. Don't get too upset about it all. Just write "and guest" and stick 'em in the mail. :)