Having Legal Ceremony at court house in US but Religious In Cabo

I have seen a lot of people on other sites say that they are having their actual marriage take place before leaving, to avoid hassels in Mexio. That way they have a religious ceremony in Mexico with family and friends. Are any of you doing thishuh.gif?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question to add onto this...we are planning to do the same....marry here in the states and then have symbolic ceremony in Mexico....right now we are planning for the states wedding to occur AFTER we return from Mexico...that shouldn't screw anything up should it!? Since the Mexico one is just symbolic...huh.gif We will always refer to the Mexico one as our true anniversary....but am I not thinkin of something else here!? hahahahaha

I spoke with FH on this issue as I never thought of getting married here first before I saw this forum. We both agreed to do one day only and in Mexico, I am hoping no one had any issues of this being legalized here...my friends got married in ZIH 4 years ago and it wasn't an issue so we are going to go with it.

When we went to get our marriage licence the officant asked us when and where we were getting marrried. We told her Mexico and she suggested that we have the legal ceremony in the States. She added not to make any name changes until we returned. She also stated that was the best way to do it (in her opinion).