How long did you date before enagaged?

We were engaged after 5 1/5 months of dating.

And now a fairly short engagement.... we will be saying "i do" after 14 months of knowing each other.

I think we knew after a month that we would end up getting married... but people would have really thought we were crazy if we would have told them that!! LOL

I win shortest-dating-to engaged-award. We dated for 2 months before he proposed, and we're getting married 5 months after that! In all fairness, we were best friends for the last 4 years, and we actually went to the same high school, but we had never even hinted at dating until October 2007, one week after things ended with the last guy (short relationship) I was with. For us, the only next step in our relationship was to decide to get married, so here we are, 2 months away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I win shortest-dating-to engaged-award. We dated for 2 months before he proposed, and we're getting married 5 months after that! In all fairness, we were best friends for the last 4 years, and we actually went to the same high school, but we had never even hinted at dating until October 2007, one week after things ended with the last guy (short relationship) I was with. For us, the only next step in our relationship was to decide to get married, so here we are, 2 months away!
mandy we mustve been friends in another lifetime or something because sometimes the similarities in our lives creep me out haha

we knew after 2 months of dating we wanted to get married, although he didnt propose until we were together for what like 8 months, and we were best friends for the 2 years before that but i was dating someone else.