Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_J_Mitchell View Post
I'm getting worried about the fabric, they are making this dress for me in what Gianinar calls "softer and thinner satin"

Column Wedding Dresses

I asked Gianinar if the taffeta would be better and the response was "we will make your dress in softer and thinner satin"...

Yikes... that answer seems pretty vague :S I think the language barrier is a huge stressor!
I remember them saying my dress needed to be made in taffeta as it would hold the shape better. I am not sure what 'softer and thinner satin' means, but I am sure it will be good (The dress is gorgeous, by the way!) Most girls seem quite happy with their dresses.

I have just sent an email asking if the beading just wasn't done yet in case I wanted changes made. I guess I just take my chances now. I am also waiting on another dress from China that I bought through ebay. It should be here soon.... ARRRGH! stress!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineA View Post
Ok so I couldn't get my get a picture of the dress so here is the link to my TTD from Nordstrom's website.

JS Boutique Beaded Crisscross Matte Jersey Gown - View All - Nordstrom

I love it!!!! Its light and comfotable and well since I had my coupon the price was fantastic!
Pam: you are right no more wondering to Gianinar or not to Gianinar...lol!
Janine, you won't even believe that's the SAME dress I have!! I originally bought this one months ago and was going to wear this dress for my ceremony but then wanted something a little different. Of course, I still have this dress in case the one I'm getting made doesn't come out so great.. :)
You are right, it is a lightweight comfy dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_J_Mitchell View Post
Janine, you won't even believe that's the SAME dress I have!! I originally bought this one months ago and was going to wear this dress for my ceremony but then wanted something a little different. Of course, I still have this dress in case the one I'm getting made doesn't come out so great.. :)
You are right, it is a lightweight comfy dress.
When I tried it on I just couldn't resist getting it. Its not my ceremony dress though, this is my TTD. You know what they say...great minds think alike. Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineA View Post
Ok so I couldn't get my get a picture of the dress so here is the link to my TTD from Nordstrom's website.

JS Boutique Beaded Crisscross Matte Jersey Gown - View All - Nordstrom

I love it!!!! Its light and comfotable and well since I had my coupon the price was fantastic!
Pam: you are right no more wondering to Gianinar or not to Gianinar...lol!
Ok SO frustrated. They emailed me on May 3rd and said it would be ready in 3 days. I emailed them 2 nights ago and they have not responded!!!

Janine- I should have totally gotten this dress. Gorgeous!!!!! and mine is kind of like it. girl_werewolf.gif