Arch for beach ceremony

Hi -

Question for all the brides that are getting married on a beach.... what are you using for an "arch" at your ceremony on the beach? I am so stuck on what to do. I received a quote for a 4 posted bamboo arch with fabric for almost $700!!! Yikes! (and I heard other vendors will charge the same since the bamboo has to be shipped in, then dried out, then assembled - no i am not joking) Was wondering if there is another option of creating an "arch" that will cost less.

Thanks!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilahaq View Post
Hi -
I received a quote for a 4 posted bamboo arch with fabric for almost $700!!! Yikes! (and I heard other vendors will charge the same since the bamboo has to be shipped in, then dried out, then assembled - no i am not joking) Was wondering if there is another option of creating an "arch" that will cost less.

Thanks!
Holy smokes!! That's insane. What city/country are you getting married in? Maybe we can find you faux bamboo or something similar to what you want. Our chuppa cost like $175 and was real bamboo:
Click the image to open in full size.

I am using Elena Damy for my flowers and getting married at the O & O Palmilla. While I think her work is great, the reason why the bamboo arch is so expensive, is because she has to order 8 posts to withstand the wind on the beach.

Thank you for everyone's replies, I have a few good ideas now!