Does anyone know the name, email address or phone number for the Main Manager/highest person in authority for the Wedding Department at OTC?

I am getting married at OCT in May of 2013.  I decided to start a new thread because I have searched various OCT threads in addition to the Internet, and could not find the following information:  the name, email address or phone number of the Main Manager/authority figure of the Wedding Department at OTC.   I do not mean the wedding coordinators such as Angelica Vargas or Ana Bautista; I have already contacted them.  A situation has come up that I would like to bring to the attention of their supervisor (don't worry; it is nothing negative about Angelica or Ana, it concerns the resort's DJ).  I just feel that I need to discuss a situation with someone who is in a higher position of authority than the coordinators who deal with daily, routine matters.  Has anyone had to go this route, or know who to contact?  I appreciate any info that anyone can provide; this info is actually beneficial to any BDW bride-to-be who is encountering certain difficulties which the regular coordinators may not be able to address.  Thanks!  I can be reached at acd8809@yahoo.com                                                                                                                            

Originally Posted by acd8809 View Post

I am getting married at OCT in May of 2013.  I decided to start a new thread because I have searched various OCT threads in addition to the Internet, and could not find the following information:  the name, email address or phone number of the Main Manager/authority figure of the Wedding Department at OTC.   I do not mean the wedding coordinators such as Angelica Vargas or Ana Bautista; I have already contacted them.  A situation has come up that I would like to bring to the attention of their supervisor (don't worry; it is nothing negative about Angelica or Ana, it concerns the resort's DJ).  I just feel that I need to discuss a situation with someone who is in a higher position of authority than the coordinators who deal with daily, routine matters.  Has anyone had to go this route, or know who to contact?  I appreciate any info that anyone can provide; this info is actually beneficial to any BDW bride-to-be who is encountering certain difficulties which the regular coordinators may not be able to address.  Thanks!  I can be reached at acd8809@yahoo.com                                                                                                                            

Originally Posted by Moments That Matter View Post

hola acd8809 - would really like to help, and don't know if it's just me,  but not sure which resort you are referring to as "OCT" ? pls carify - thx, team MTM asst, Lynda :)

Sorry, I should have initially stated the full name of the resort at the beginning of the post.  OCT stands for the Ocean Coral and Turquesa Resort located in Puerto Morelos, Mexico.  I thought I was on a thread dedicated specifically to OCT brides, but I guess not...  I get turned around in all of these different BDW forum threads, lol.  Sometimes one post leads to another, and another, and another, and pretty soon and I don't know where in the world I am forum-wise! But I am definitely learning a lot of information from all the posts!

In an earlier post, someone said the supervisor's address at OCT (personal name of supervisor unknown) is: weddings.mex@oceanhotels.net.  I only sent the email a couple days ago, and have not yet received a response.  Besides, I think that may be the address of Ana Bautista (I am not certain of her email address), but I have already contacted Ana using the following address: groups.hpc@oceanhotels.net.  I thought Ana was considered a "wedding coordinator," just like the other person that I have been primarily dealing with (Angelica Vargas) at the email address groups.hpc@oceanhotels.net.   I know there are other wedding coordinators at OCT, too.  I have only had very limited contact with Ana and Angelica so far.

I called the resort directly this morning, and all I could get was the following email address: sales.mex@oceanhotels.net, which doesn't sound right to me, but who knows?  Dealing with the communication barrier is a significant problem at OCT, as it is with many other resorts.  I could barely understand what the woman was saying, and have no idea if she understood exactly what I was asking, either.  Anyway, this morning I sent an email to sales.mex@oceanhotels.net, explained the situation, and asked if whomever received the email would forward it to the proper person.

Computers are great, but one problem is that people can become "invisible" and remain conveniently unavailable for any personal or extensive interaction.  I am certain that someone out there has the information I seek, but I don't know when/if I will ever get it. I can't be the only person dealing with OCT Resort who has asked to be connected to someone in a supervisory capacity.

But thank you, Lynda from MTM, for your willingess to offer assistance in some way.  I notice that MTM is an extremely active participant on the BDW forums, and your photography work is just beautiful!  I have seen a lot of your work on BDW.  How nice of MTM to personally reach out to all brides-to-be on any and all topics, even though they may not utilize your agency for their photograpy needs -- it speaks volumes about how much you care about EVERYONE on a personal as well as a professional level...  I can just imagine how wonderful it must be for a bride to have MTM as her photographer.  Speaking of which, I still need a photographer, I just haven't gotten that far along yet in the planning process.  Locating a photographer is my next step, which I must do soon, so send me some information on your packages, although I must warn you that I am on a very limited budget. I am looking for an affordable, basic photography package.  No money for a TTD shoot or videographer, unfortunately.  Are you available on Friday, May 17, 2013?  My name is Amanda, email acd8809@yahoo.com.

Thanks again for any help, Lynda at MTM!

acd8809