Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

I actually wore my engagement ring on my ring finger during the ceremony. I didn't even think about it...OOPS! Ah well....

Too funny b/c what I did think about was not wearing it from the time I got it cleaned back home until ceremony day. I didn't want it to lose it's professional shine for wedding pictures b/c of suntan lotion. Whether you wear it for the ceremony or not, in most wedding pictures you look at as well as cake cuttings during the reception, the bride usually has her e-ring on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post
hey girls,

just a quick question...

what are people doing about their engagement rings on the wedding day? is anyone leaving it on, or are you taking it off?

just trying to decide what to do myself!!
Are you leaving this weekend? How exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Hi Renee, I am using a company that will take us zip lining, snorkeling in cenotes, and visiting the Tulum ruins. They pick us up at the hotels and it includes lunch as well. Its approx 6 hours and costs $93 per person. They are getting us at 9:30am and I think we get back to the hotel around 3pm.

I suggest you use the lady I used - tell her I sent you - Susan Vincil from CancunAndRivieraMaya.com - email is susanincancun@cancunandrivieramaya.com

They use a lot of different tour companies - so all of your ideas she can price out for you. Its so much easier than contacting 3 different vendors yourself.

Or, you could do a trip into Cancun one night or day. Susan lives down in that area so she can give you some other ideas.

Good luck!
This is really good info! I'd love to do all of it in one day for a set price! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
Are you leaving this weekend? How exciting!
YES!!!!!!!!! we are being picked up at 4 AM (!!) sunday morning by a coach so we all get to the airport at the same time! I'm sooooo excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
I actually wore my engagement ring on my ring finger during the ceremony. I didn't even think about it...OOPS! Ah well....

Too funny b/c what I did think about was not wearing it from the time I got it cleaned back home until ceremony day. I didn't want it to lose it's professional shine for wedding pictures b/c of suntan lotion. Whether you wear it for the ceremony or not, in most wedding pictures you look at as well as cake cuttings during the reception, the bride usually has her e-ring on.
I hadn't really thought much about it and now I can't decide what to do! I think it's 'normal' (as normal as you can get with a DW) to leave your engagement ring off for the ceremony isn't it?? I think maybe what made me think about it is that in professional pics, they have both on....but that must be done afterwards....maybe! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
I was planning on taking my engagement ring off for the ceremony. Hadn't thought about reception, but I like the idea of putting it back on with my wedding ring.
thanks Meghan :) I think this is what I'm most likely to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Hi Katie! You must be getting so excited! You leave this weekend, right? bunny_4.gif

Typically brides put their E-ring on their right hand ring finger for the wedding ceremony and then switch it over for the reception. Mine fits OK that way but my best friend could not get hers on her right hand so I think her Mom held it for her during the ceremony and then gave it to her afterward.

That sux that your AHR is making you stress out! I am doing an iPod and no photog kind of event, caterer will do everything for me - linens and chair rental, glassware, etc. - so its kind of a one stop shop. I am excited to do the food and wine tastings though - and the cake. We are going to Maryland June 25th to do it all - and together - which I kind of missed with planning a DW.
hey Amy, yep we leave on Sunday! and I am sooooooooooo excited! today is my last day in the office and tonight I'm packing! (busy ALL day Saturday so won't have time to do any then, and I will be out of the house).

yeah it's not as bad as I made it sound lol it's just the Mexico part has been so easy where everyone is booked on the same booking so we haven't had to do any chasing around...total opposite of the AHR. it's mostly been confirming numbers and working out food and drink quantities! but we're pretty much there now I think :)

YAY Katie so exciting!!! Today is my last day in the office too and I woke up in kind of a jig if that makes sense. We get picked up 6:30am by our transportation Monday morning. I can't believe it's so close already!

I have a get/axxium nail appt with all my girls tonight with wine in the salon, I don't know how they pulled that off.

I think I finished my vows last night too... margarita #2 I got inspiration. FI was in the bathroom and he came out and I told him I finished my vows and he responds "so did I!" and I was like, "umm, in the bathroom??" to which he replied "it's where I do my best thinking" :) <--------- romance at it's finest, LOL!

Also completed my list/spreadsheet and details with special instructions to the DJ.

All I need to do is do a tighter dress rehersal of our dance, pack the clothes, give pre-travel gifts to the girls, hand out suitcases with receipts, get my final appts done, pick up FI's pants from alterations and print out stuff to bring :)

Oh and I wanted to pass the torch to whoever would like to take care of the To do lists every 2 weeks.

It's what helped keep me most focused and hopefully all you other girls as well. Anyone interested? I'm going to end the week today just because I don't think I'll have time on Sunday before I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomsArePeopleToo View Post
Wow Wendy, thank you so much for the kind words. Right back at you and Rod. The two of you and your entire DW group were wonderful. It was so cool how we ran into each other on Friday night too. Any way here is the link to your proofs. I will get working on the album right away and I will also be adding those images from Friday night to the collection as well.
Congratulations to you and Rod!

Wendy and Rod
*Gasp* wonderful pictures!

Andrew, I saw your package prices online. What do you charge for flying to Mexico for everything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
YAY Katie so exciting!!! Today is my last day in the office too and I woke up in kind of a jig if that makes sense. We get picked up 6:30am by our transportation Monday morning. I can't believe it's so close already!

I have a get/axxium nail appt with all my girls tonight with wine in the salon, I don't know how they pulled that off.

I think I finished my vows last night too... margarita #2 I got inspiration. FI was in the bathroom and he came out and I told him I finished my vows and he responds "so did I!" and I was like, "umm, in the bathroom??" to which he replied "it's where I do my best thinking" :) <--------- romance at it's finest, LOL!

Also completed my list/spreadsheet and details with special instructions to the DJ.

All I need to do is do a tighter dress rehersal of our dance, pack the clothes, give pre-travel gifts to the girls, hand out suitcases with receipts, get my final appts done, pick up FI's pants from alterations and print out stuff to bring :)

Happy last day of work for 2 weeks ladies!!!!!!!!!

I hope you girls have great weekends and get everything ready to go. Seems like neither of you are frantic - so good on you both!!!
smile03.gif

Love the bathroom vows Amy... so classic. Imagine how different this all was back in the day when you never had lived w/ your husband before marriage - what a shock! haha

Amy - Haha, I know right? Bathroom vows, jeez....

Frantic... I'm too exhausted to be frantic. I just found out they double booked my cocktail reception area and all off a sudden are disapproving me for it. Keep in mind I paid for this already and I'm 8 days away. Good news is they are moving me to a better location in my opinion and crediting me $300.

Annoying news, MOH is bailing on our girls nail night to help her fake cousin move. Screw her, I'm pretty irked by this.