Ceremony site in Rose Hall/MoBay?

Daizy

Does anyone know of anywhere other than our hotel we could have the ceremony relatively inexpensively? We just booked the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach and I'm a bit nervous about their ceremony options... the website doesn't have much and their other 2 phases are still under construction so I'm not sure what we're going to get when we show up! The wedding is on a Sunday in May... and the fact that it's a Sunday posed a problem, as apparently Sunday weddings are hard to come by in Jamaica? Anyway, if you know of a nice place fairly close, please let me know! I emailed the Rose Hall Plantation (?) yesterday for information... we'll see! Thanks!

Hello, I am getting married at the Rose Hall Resort and Country Club .... their wedding packages are quite reasonable but I am not sure how much their price will change. They are undergoing 15 millions $$ in renovations and the prices for rooms have already gone up for next year. Their website is Montego Bay Jamaica Resorts and All-Inclusive Beach Hotels - Rose Hall Resort and Country Club. Some of my guests that do not have the money to stay in their high priced rooms will stay at one of the hotels in Mobay and we will arrange for transportation between their hotel and the Rose Hall. The good thing is that Rose Hall won't charge my external guests an entry fee for my wedding unlike several other resorts I visited... If I remember well, they perform weddings 7 days/week. Let me know if you have any questions ... I went to scout hotels in Jamaica twice and all in the Montego Bay area before choosing Rose Hall.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABride View Post
Hello, I am getting married at the Rose Hall Resort and Country Club .... their wedding packages are quite reasonable but I am not sure how much their price will change. They are undergoing 15 millions $$ in renovations and the prices for rooms have already gone up for next year. Their website is Montego Bay Jamaica Resorts and All-Inclusive Beach Hotels - Rose Hall Resort and Country Club. Some of my guests that do not have the money to stay in their high priced rooms will stay at one of the hotels in Mobay and we will arrange for transportation between their hotel and the Rose Hall. The good thing is that Rose Hall won't charge my external guests an entry fee for my wedding unlike several other resorts I visited... If I remember well, they perform weddings 7 days/week. Let me know if you have any questions ... I went to scout hotels in Jamaica twice and all in the Montego Bay area before choosing Rose Hall.
Good luck!
I was originally planning my wedding there! There prices got rediculous though!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting married on the May 3, 2008 and I changed from the Riu myself to one of the local villas that was on the beach. I worked out alot better because we were able stay there as well as have our ceremony and reception there. I talked with a few people and I found the catering and everthing but I will have a local wedding planner that can handle all of the foot work for me because I'm not there.

I was alot cheaper and more flexible for us. Let me know if you want anymore info.