Instructions to make a logo using powerpoint

Here's the set of instructions for making a logo/monogram (powerpoint).

Sorry it's in 3 downloads. For some reason, 1 complete document would not upload even though it was an acceptable file size...

Attachment 1035

Attachment 1036

Attachment 1037

Instruction set 1.ppt

Instruction set 2.ppt

Instructions set 3.ppt

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ok I think I need some help. I followed the instructions on saving the logo and for some reason when I go into the saved version it looks blurry and distorted...any ideas? I tried to save it as both a .gif and a .jpeg but it still just doesn't look right! Thanks everyone!

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the instructions since I'm totally lost when it comes to using powerpoint.

I do have a question about the clipart. When I downloaded a few images and copied it to a new slide and enlarged it, the image was really fuzzy and unclear. how do I get the image to look sharp like the originalhuh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzygirl85 View Post
Thanks for the instructions since I'm totally lost when it comes to using powerpoint.
I do have a question about the clipart. When I downloaded a few images and copied it to a new slide and enlarged it, the image was really fuzzy and unclear. how do I get the image to look sharp like the originalhuh.gif
The images may not be high resolution so if you try to enlarge it, it will look fuzzy.

• 5 months later...

The ability to download used to be based on point count, but was recently changed to post count, that is why you might see people that have downloaded with less then the required 150 posts.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t44624

Please do not request anyone donate points to you. It is against forum policy and is a bannable offense. Also since the rule changed in June, points won't help you download attachments. This rule was implemented to encourage participation in the forum, so just become active and before you know it, you will be at 150 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbi803 View Post
I am not able to download the instructions, yet I see people with less than 50 posts who have done so? Could someone please help? THANKS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikicrosby View Post
I am loving this site but I cannot seem to get enough points accumulated to download anything. Can someone help me out??

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please tell me how to make the dots & text that wrap around the circle border. I'm currently working on word, but I can switch to powerpoint if thats easier. I'm unable to download the instructions or any templates so I'm trying to figure it out on my own. I have found this forum to be the best place for help & advice!! :) Any help would be really appreciated!! Thanks!!!

At the bottom of word, you should have an "auto shapes" tool bar. (If not, click on "insert" then "auto shapes") Choose the "oval" shape and then draw a circle of whatever size you would like. Then right-click and choose "format auto shape". Under the tab "Colors and Lines" go to the row marked "Line" and then choose the drop-down menu for "Dashed". The second option in the menu looks like diamonds (it's really dots). Select that option. Then in the drop down menu for "Weight" play around with that until you find the size that works for your logo. (Try 6 pt to start and work from there.) You can of course change the color under the "Color" drop down menu.

This is not for the newest version of MS Word (I forget what the new version is called.) That one drove me nuts to learn how to use (we had it at work) but once I finally figured it out, I liked it. If you have the newer version, play around with any of the menus that look similar to what I described above. If someone can offer better assistance for the newer version of Word, please do. cheesy.gif

Sure! On the drawing bar at the bottom of the screen, click on the "A" that is blue, kinda leans to the right, and has a shadow behind it. It should open the "Insert Word Art" box. Select one of the style options, then type your text into the box and press "ok". Right Click on your word art and select "Format Word Art". Choose the "Layout" tab. Under Wrapping Style, select "In front of text."

Next, left-click on your word art once. Now you should have another blue "A" in your toolbars section (mine's at the bottom of my screen.) Select this left leaning "A" and it should bring up a "Word Art Shape" menu. Choose the "Circle (Curve)" option (it looks like a skinny circle.) Now left-click on your word art again, and you should have a bunch of white circles around the perimeter of your word art. You can click one of these circles and manipulate the circle into the shape and size that you need. You can also click on the green circle to rotate the word art. Play with it for a while to make it do what you want. It can be frustrating if you are a perfectionist, but eventually you'll get it to do exactly what you want it to do. cheesy.gif

Good luck, and have fun with it!

If anyone has simpler directions for this, please feel free to post. I just taught myself by playing around with Word for a while.